Saturday, December 1, 2012

Going to See Santa

We talked to Anna Claire about going to see Santa for about a week before actually taking her. When we first mentioned the idea, she asked to see the Caillou Christmas episode where Caillou is brave and sits on Santa's lap, but Rosie is scared and is too little yet. She would say, "Mommy I'm gonna be brave like Caillou." She also asked to draw a picture for Santa just like Caillou (which we did). She requested to watch the video again several times over the course of the week. Caillou has been awesome because the episodes expose her to experiences she's not had yet, while building an enthusiasm and exciting picture in her mind of how it will be that I just couldn't paint myself with words.

The day we went to see Santa, Meme was in the hospital. We went to go visit her first, where we were able to spend time with her Aunt Cindy, cousin Connie and Andrea, and sweet 2nd baby cousin Vivian. Once Daddy arrived at the hospital, we were off to see Santa.

Not being a huge fan of the mall, I debated on whether to take her to see the Flower Lily santa next week, but something told me to go ahead and do it now while my sister and niece were able to spend time with Meme. Plus, Caillou went to the mall to see Santa, and when Anna Claire talked to me about going to see him, she would say, "I go to the mall to see Santa just like Caillou."

The line at the mall was not bad at all. We waited maybe a half an hour. Anna Claire was very patient and sweet in line.

I brought my own camera to take candids of her on his lap and read the disclaimer while in line that I may only do this with the minimum $20 purchase. So of course we got the minimum purchase.

 She was so excited to see Santa. She was very brave and not scared a bit. She proudly presented her drawing and told Santa just what she wanted. Santa asked her to tell me to please make him chocolate chip cookies.

My only disappointment with the experience is that I cannot find the 2 5x7 pics we purchased anywhere. I am thankful I had my camera because we still have the memories captured forever. Otherwise, it was a perfect first visit with Santa.


No comments:

Post a Comment