Thursday, May 31, 2012

Funnies and Incidentals for May

Anna Claire is learning to sing the Star Spangled Banner. It's been either this or the Veggie Tales theme song that she will sing until she goes to sleep each night:
Oh say can you see by da dawns earwy wight
with so pwoudwy we hail at da twi-wights wast gweaming.
 Then she repeats this and meshes in some of the lines later on in the song. ;)
---
Anna Claire has started looking at whatever she may have in her hands (sunglasses, for example), then looking at us and saying, "I ha-ave sunglasses and you-ou-ou don't!" to the tune of "Nanny nanny boo boo!" Where does she learn this?
---
I counted it up and our car has broken down 10 times in the past month. I have been blessed that today was the first instance it broke down where Anna Claire was with me. And what luck, that we were at the YMCA. I know from past experience that it can take up to an hour for the car to cool and before the starter with allow the car to start. With us being at the Y, we were able to go back in after swimming and get a snack from the snack machine. Never underestimate how excited a child can get about a visit to a simple snack machine. (We opted for PopTarts). I was then able to take her to the child care center there to play with toys. And what luck that Charlie from her Sunday school class at church was there for her to play with. The girls played My Little Pony for the longest while I paraded back and forth between the kiddos and the car.
---
You know those little plastic dental flossers? Well, I just managed to get one stuck between my teeth and Larry had to get scissors to cut it free. Until that point I was freaking OUT, and Anna Claire was cracking UP. "You got that stuck, Mommy. That was funny."

COP: Anything can be a COP. It's Anna Claire's made up word for "thingie" or "stuff". She might say, this is my superhero cop or this is my bubble cop.

No comments:

Post a Comment