Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Watch what you say...

We are really going to have to watch what we say around Anna Claire from now on. She repeats EVERYTHING. 
---
For example, just this morning, Larry was strapping her in to her car seat, and I nagged him about something related to it. Larry said, "I know."

Anna Claire parroted back, "I know!"

---
At school, the kids get called by their full names when they are being mischievous, and I am finding her saying, "Ah-nah Cwaire Avitt!" when she is trying to "write" her name, or doing something she shouldn't. ;)

---
I have a bulging disc in my lower spine, so often when I pick her up, I will say, "Oh my back." Anna Claire will repeat this, "Oh my back!"

---
Anna Claire wants to know what everything is, what people are doing and for you to tell her all about it. I often don't realize how well she listens until much later. A few days ago she was watching her grandpa work  and wanted to know what he was doing. I explained that he is good at building and fixing things and that was what he was doing.

Last night we read a book about Elmo not having a kite, so he and his friend built one with construction paper, ribbon, crayons, and sticks. Anna Claire went to her crafts basket, grabbed a baggy of construction paper pieces and ran to the door wanting out. She said, "Kite! Paw-paw build. Go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment