Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sweet Sundays

To trim my extremely ticklish little girl's nails, I have learned to wait until she falls asleep. And there are many advantages to this, in addition to the obvious.

The Sunday night routine begins like any other night. I read her a story (tonight was Guess How Much I Love You) and we say our prayers. Tonight Anna Claire thanked God for cheese, noodles, and Meme.

The difference on Sundays is that we lay in my bed until she falls asleep. This can take awhile, but I love it. Her Fisher Price Sea Horse plays in the background while Anna Claire repeats after me as I state my nightly well wishes: "Night Night," "Sweet Dreams," "I love you." She plays with my hair, touches my eyelashes and lips and laughs. She puts her hand up to my mouth for me to kiss her hand, which I do, and repeats this many times. She gets right up in my face and cackles. Eventually she DOES fall asleep, nails are trimmed, and child is placed in crib. It is such a precious time and I can't image doing it any differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment