Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Walkin' or Talkin' - Which Will Come First?

Larry and I think TALKING! She is attempting difficult words like butterfly which sounds so cute coming from her, "Buddabye." She can clearly say "map" and "ball" and "bear" and knows she is saying these words (Dora's Map is on TV when she says "map", she is holding her ball or bear when she says those words). I love it! It is so exciting and is absolutely the highlight of my day to watch her progress.

Your Baby Can Read officially rocks. I have been skeptical myself throughout the process, but we committed to it and have been true to it since Anna Claire was 4 months. She KNOWS these words. I can give her two, three or four words cards, say a word, and she will select the correct card. When watching the videso, she now does the action for the word before the announcer says them. I am trying to get this on video to share with you, but everytime I think to video it seems she would rather cruise and be on the go. Getting an aspiring walker to sit still and look at notecards is a challenge!

I just keep thinking, what an advantage this skill will be to her, and what confidence she will have to have already mastered phonics and letter recognition at such a young age. I can show her any two letters, name one, and she will choose the correct one. Amazing. This is true for colors, shapes, fruits and vegetables as well.



Here is a recent video of her. What's she eating? A clover.

No comments:

Post a Comment