Friday, September 24, 2010

My Baby Can Read

I'm afraid I am not as diligent as I'd hoped at keeping track of Anna Claire's first words. After the affirmation of the first four or five, she gained great confidence and is now in just one week's time, talking up a storm, attempting most words I ask her to say. Today, new words were "bib", "blue", "uh oh" and I'm sure there were more. Oh yeah, "fish".

She can READ and say: hat, eyes, green, moon, no, banana, diaper, book, keys. These are all YBCR words, with the exception of "banana" and I believe that is due to exposure to it in two of her favorite books.

If you show her lion or bee or car, she will make the sound for those, and if you show her clap she will clap her hands.

I am no longer skeptical about this program. As she learns to say words, she is confirming for us that she can also read them. I am confident now that she knows all the words, and that it is just a matter of time before she provides us with that proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment