Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Time to Have "The Talk" Already?

Anna Claire is four years old. Never would it have occurred to me to have "the talk" with her. In ten years, maybe.

We go to small group on Tuesdays which is held at our small group leaders' home. The kids normally play in Lucas's room while we meet or socialize. We take turns revolving in and out to check on them.

Tonight I popped in to check on them. I could hear giggling, but didn't see any kiddos. Then I saw the bed covers moving.

"Anna Claire?" I called to her.

 I heard a muffled, "Hi Mommy," from under the covers.

"What are you doing under there?" I asked.

"Cuddling," she answered in a sing-song voice.

I said, "Why don't you two come on out from there, ok?"

They both crawled out giggling, and Anna Claire announced as I noticed for myself, "Lucas doesn't have any pants, Mommy."

"Lucas, where are your pants, buddy?" I asked.

"Right over here," he said grabbing them.

I said, "Why don't you put those back on and you two play here on the floor, away from the bed."

"OK," they both said in unison.

Sigh. I so was not prepared for that!

Lucas's parents, Larry and I had a big laugh about it because they are innocent and four. But I do wonder how much I need to say to her at this age about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment