Saturday, August 13, 2011

Getting in touch with our emotions!

Anna Claire is great about using her words now to express how she's feeling. You couldn't be more clear about how you feel than our big girl...
 When mad: "I'm mad. Throw it!" (she means she wants to throw whatever it is that's making her mad, or if mad at me, whatever is in her hand AT me.)
When excited: "Exc-ited!"
When sad: "Sad. Cwyin'."
After being sad: "Want be happy. Better now. Ok!"
When having fun: "Pun!"
When proud of herself for accomplishing a goal: "Yay! Did it! Candy! Beary Bear!" (She learned this from potty-training. We do take her to Beary Bear once she's earned 20 stickers on her potty chart and give her candy each time she goes potty, however, it has carried over to ANY time she is proud)
And my favorite is when impatient: Today in the car AC said, "Go home!" I said, "I'm tryin' honey. There's a slow car in front of Mommy." Anna Claire said, matter-of-factly, "Bump it."

No comments:

Post a Comment